Saturday, November 11, 2006

Totally Tubular Dude

I'm designing a sweater for Rob! I'm modeling it off of his favorite Banana Republic sweater and knitting it with Rowanspun DK. The ribbing is 2x2 and the body is all stockinette and it has a nice standup collar. You can't really see the sleeves in the picture, but you get the idea. This is my first real attempt at designing a sweater, so we will see how it goes. I'm making pretty good progress, I've got 12in done on the body and I learned how to do a tubular cast on for the bottom ribbing.
I also finally have pictures of the Rebecca sweater, I've been working on FOREVER. I already have one in white, and decided to do one in black when my LYS had a great sale on the black Muench GOA. I love the sweater, it's an acrylic/cotton blend so I can wash and dry it. I modified the pattern slightly to lengthen the body. Aren't the cables pretty? In the process of knitting this sweater, I also learned how to do cable stitches without a cable needle which helped speed it up a bit. I have the back and front done so far, and I'm a few inches along on the sleeve.

Only 4 weeks to go until Robby makes his arrival! I'm really excited and sewing up diaper covers today like a madwoman. I'll post pictures of those when I'm finished with them.

6 comments:

Cassy said...

Those sweaters are gorgeous. I'm jealous. I especially like the rugged simplicity of the men's sweater.

Anonymous said...

Everything looks great. I hope you are able to maintain enough routine to keep on knitting and spinning after the baby arrives, not because you'll be so much busier, but because your priorities change, especially during that initial adjustment.

When we got back from China with my daughter, I didn't even pay bills for an entire month. (I have a hard time with changes....)

Love those cables. And the bump is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Very nice cables!

Cant wait to see the finished sweater. (both of them)

Anonymous said...

I've got my eye on that Rebecca sweater pattern as well. I'm going to have to look through your archives to find the first one. Your cables are wonderful, so chunky and bumpy!

- MJ

Cassy said...

Hey, will you tell me how to do the men's sweater that you're designing sometime? Travis, my husband, would love it. He loves BR.

Anonymous said...

OMG, love it! Adorable tummy:)